This week started off as usual, checking water tanks and gathering supplies for projects that needed to be done around the ranch. This week’s project was building sturdier H-braces, building “blockers” for cattle on water tanks, and finally concentrating on eradicating prairies dogs.
Kyle, David, and I built steal braces and reinforced blockers on a specific water tank, due to a float being bent from the cattle. The projects took all day, but it was easy to install all the steel bars required for each project.
The next day, Tuesday, was a little less busy, since all of us were caught up on a lot of past projects. Therefore, I built fence and checked storage tanks.
On Wednesday, David gave me the training and supplies needed to poison prairie dog towns. I enjoyed this part of the week because it has been a while since I have done this invasive species work. This continued through the rest of the week.
I am close to being finished with this half of the internship. My last week of the internship will be next week, when I will have to leave Thursday due to the University of Wyoming’s recently released COVID mandates for students returning to Laramie.