This week was more of a straightforward and normal week. Since Larry and I started spraying last week, we have sprayed six fields, two pastures and eight riparian areas; mostly for leafy spurge and Russian thistle.
Between June 1 and June 6, we sprayed unless the wind picked up to over 15 miles per hour, which is the regulatory maximum for when chemical can be applied to an area. This is set to reduce and stop the drift of chemical to other plants—like trees and shrubs—that can easily be killed by chemical.
By the end of the week I learned to slow down on spraying and how to apply certain chemical to specific areas. This is necessary in order to assess the fragility of weeds and determine the amount of chemical needed to kill them.